So APPARENTLY it's been 5 months since my last post, according to someone named in my title;) I'll give you all a little snippet, but don't be mad if it's another year before I post again, lol.
The kids started school today. It was fun to get them in their outfits with their new backpacks and lunchboxes. I even got up a half hour early to make them whatever they wanted for breakfast. Hunter wanted pancakes and Grace wanted eggs and toast. At first, I told them, no, you need to agree on something. But then, I thought, well, neither of those things are very complicated, and I can make each in individual serving sizes, so I went ahead and made both. Hopefully they don't think every morning I'll do that, though:)
When I picked them up after school, they were very excited about the events of the day. The first thing Grace wanted to tell me was that all the boys in her class had to put their heads down, but not her (she had to put her head down A LOT last year...). Hunter took a more academic approach, exclaiming that he was already smarter!
Something else about school but not related to today. A few weeks ago, we were visiting my Parents in Denver. My Mom and I were talking to my 12 year old little sister about middle school and how hard it was to go through. I think we were in the car, but I know we were with my kids. Anyway, a few nights after we got home, I heard the kids talking in their room. Hunter was telling Grace how scary middle school is and that it's the hardest thing he's ever going to have to do. Grace was really worried and asked if she would have to go to middle school one day. He solemnly replied, yes, she would. I'm not sure either of my kids know what middle school is... I think they must imagine a horrible place where kids are mean... Wait, maybe they DO know what it is! ;)
Awesome! Please don't make me go another five months without laughing this hard again!
ReplyDeleteYmmm, no, it wont be another year before you post again, someone WILL remind you :) I LOVE the middle school story, I can totally hear them talking about it. SO CUTE!!!!
ReplyDeleteI'm sure you probably guessed but the above comment is from me, Rachel. I was signed in as Andy.
ReplyDelete